Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A conversation

We went to the train depot yesterday with Hamburglar and the Wee Lass Adventure (Lady Adventure?  Tiny McSixyearold?  I'll think of something).  They have a koi pond and a rose garden there, as well, so we had fun.  Mr. Adventure took a picture of the babe and I (I'm normally the one taking the pictures, which means that if I were to suddenly die, the babe wouldn't have many pictures of the two of us.  And I think there are only two pictures of the three of us and none of the four of us).

After showing me the picture, this is what was said:

Me: My arms look like honey hams.
Mr. A: You just had a baby.
Me: Yeah, but not in my arms!

I have full blown bingo wings.  I figure I have two options.  Option one is to start using the baby as a weight for doing tricep curls and option two is to say fuck it, buy sweat pants and a lotto t-shirt, and start playing Bingo.  I'm assuming I would also need a small trove of "lucky" items I set up in front of me in a certain way and should yell like a crazy person if anyone tries to touch them and accuse them of jinxing me, right?

Also, Mr. Adventure and his daughter saw the Mr. Peabody movie recently.  We had a barbecue on Sunday and some friends have a daughter her age that they brought over and Lady Adventure was telling her friend about the movie.  I overheard her saying, "His name was PEA BODY! Pea body!"

And, finally, are you all familiar with Garfield Minus Garfield?  Well, one of my favorite writers of things on the internet over at The Ugly Volvo did a post on why/how having a baby reminds her of garfield minus garfield.  It's mom minus baby and it is hilarious. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.  But that could be because I'm finally cracking up.  You can check it out here.  I think I might love the Ugly Volvo more than the Pregnant Chicken.  I want her to be my friend.  I'm even willing to move to the East Coast to make that happen.  Should I start stalking her?

In other news, baby  is healthy and happy.  We are moving him in to his room this week.  And we are gearing up for the fussy phase before mental leap 7.  Sequences!  If you haven't checked out the Wonder Weeks, you should.  Because I'm a mother and a scientist and I'm telling you to.  Also, I had a realization yesterday.  Parents are people.  It's weird.  I should probably swear less.

I keep a journal for the baby and I was flipping through it and thought, "Holy fuck I should probably swear less in this thing.  Should I edit it?  No.  We'll keep it this way so we can see how/if my language usage evolves over time."  For posterity or something.  I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment