Friday, October 17, 2014

Hamburglar is 13 months!

It's doubly official.  Hamburglar is a man.  He's 13 months old today.  And he's been getting in to EVERYTHING.

He climbed into the dishwasher when I was putting away dishes earlier this week.  And he's become quite adept at removing disposable diapers and peeing all over his bed, then crying about it.  I don't know why he yells at me about it.  I'm not the one who peed all over his bed.

I really need to get a second mattress cover.

I went to Macy's last weekend and found some fleece footie pajamas with moustaches all over them.  So I bought them for Chumbercules.  I know what you're thinking.  "Why doesn't she just put clothes on her baby at night, then he can't remove his diaper."

You're so smart.

Months ago when Hamburglar and I went to visit a friend in Seattle, Chumby was just hanging out in his diaper.  My friend's fiance, whose family is from the Yucatan in Mexico, remarked, "White babies.  They never wear clothes."

Since then, one of my favorite things to do is text her pictures of Hamburglar in his diaper with the caption, "White babies."

He will be wearing clothes more now that the weather is changing, but I figure he should enjoy running around in his underwear as much as possible while it is still socially acceptable.  There are only two times you can really do that in your life.  One is when you're a baby/toddler and the other is in college.

We haven't started potty training yet, though if Hamburglar's desire to put his hands in the toilet is an indication of potty-training readiness, I would say we are ready.

We also haven't really advanced any further on the whole weaning-from-breastfeeding thing.  We're down to two feedings per day, morning and night, and I would really like to cut those out soon.  But this baby is like a vengeful God and I would gladly sacrifice lambs or the bolt from the fireplace door or whatever to get him to stop expressing his disdain for things in such a loud manner.

I also came across this piece in elephant journal yesterday.  Every time I breastfeed Chumbercules now, I wonder if it will be the last time.  It's weird watching him become a boy.  One of my coworkers has a 13 year old and his voice recently changed and he said something to her when she was in the kitchen with her back to him and she said he scared her because her first thought was, "Who is this strange man in my house."

And that's it.

We are going to the pumpkin patch this weekend and we are going to find Little Miss Adventure her Halloween costume.  And we got Rupert a Halloween costume.  He doesn't seem to like it much, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment